The Centre for Euro-Atlantic Integration and Democracy, Budapest-based think tank, together with the Institute of World Policy is organizing a training program for young Ukrainian journalists to deepen their understanding on the EU-related issues and procedures.
The project’s overall objective is to support the Ukrainian media communicating the EU, through a series of lectures and discussion with Central European journalist and study trips to the V4 countries and to Brussels.
CONTENTS OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM
The program has three components:
1. 4 days of training in Kyiv, by two experts from the V4 countries (each).
2. A 7-day study trip to the V4 countries, meeting with relevant stakeholders and fellow journalists (for these who successfully finish the first part)
3. A 3-day trip to Brussels, meeting European Commission representatives, media, etc. (for these who successfully finish the first part)
The training will address the following topic
- Association agreements: a view from Brussels
- National experiences of EU membership: success story or frustration?
- Understanding the EU: structural funds
- Understanding the EU: agriculture and rural development
- More then nations?
- The foreign and security policy of the EU
- The role and the weight of the V4 inside the EU
- Transparency: Understanding and communicating corruption cases
- The institutional labyrinth: who does what?
- A day in Brussels: daily work of a correspondent in Brussels
- How to cover the far-right and eurosceptics ?
- Pro-EU campaigns: experience of the V4
WHO CAN APPLY TO THE TRAINING?
The training is open to 15 participants with the following requirements:
- Online/print/radio journalists
- Aged 18-35 years old
- Based in Kyiv
- Having already published articles on the EU-related issues
- Advanced level English
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your CV together with the articles you published and a brief letter of motivation indicating the following:
What is your motivation for participating in the training? How does it relate to your work or study?
Send your application to email@example.com before 5 May 2017.
Selected participants will be notified after 10 May 2017.
The organizers will cover travel and accommodation expenses of the participants for the study trips to the V4 countries and Brussels.
Джерело: Інститут світової політики